Break MTV.

Late summer i saw a contest trailer on my tv, and think that it would be nice to take a part in such great design contest. Well, truelly- it was first time when i submit my videos on any contest, because video-design is my hobby and i was little scared. But i won! Not a first place, for now, but my video is one of the finalists. So this is a couple of cuts about this video:

Step one: 

I make a little studio with my girlfriend, little blue paper, my old Olympus digital photocamera with a tripod and old lighter with a corded power switcher. Its a Hollywood!:) So i made four videos with "scripted" turning on/off the light while my partner, with all her heroism, try to move her hand as i told:) 

Step two: 

It is strange, but now i dont like to do such videos as "full 3d". This is strange because if i done it last year, i probably made it in modo natively. But now i want more 2d. Thats why i have only one rendered object- a bulb. So, modo, one night of  modeling and texturing, animation, render and i have a nice hero for the movie.


Step three: 

It was most terrible part of the process- keying:) My Olympus with exposure compensation that impossible to turn off, so that video was with flickering brightness (when light turned on or off) , and it was very grainy too. First of all, in my dear Combustion i minimize both of that bugs. After that i made a keying:


Step four:

Compositing, animation and soundscore. Most of the layers was made in Photoshop, even that glow around and inside of the bulb. Music and sounds i made in Fruityloops editor.



Step five:

Montage in Sony Vegas and done!



Well, that was a really short story, believe me:) Good luck.